Zum Inhalt springen

Nepenthes aristolochioides

Martin Reiner

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi zusammen,

gibt es bei Nepenthes aristolochioides irgendetwas "Besonderes" zu beachten ?

Ich halte meine bei 17°C nachts / 25°C tagsüber, ca. 70-90% Luftfeuchtigkeit und gelegentlichem gießen von oben (ohne Staunässe) in einem Substratgemisch aus Blähton, grober Orchideenerde, Sphagnum und etwas Vermiculite.

Eine N. inermis im gleichen Mix wächst sehr schön, die N. aristolochioides hingegen hat kurz nach dem Kauf eine neue Kanne gebildet und wächst seit rund 4 Wochen keinen einzigen Millimeter mehr. Die alten Blätter und Kannen sterben allerdings auch (noch) nicht ab.

Erwähnenswert ist vielleicht noch, daß die Pflanze (vom Wistuba) sehr klein war, als ich sie bekommen habe. (rund 3-4cm Durchmesser)

Bilder der Pflanze(n) sind unter http://www.drosophyllum.com/deutsch/nepenthes.htm zu sehen. (nach unten scrollen)

Irgendwelche Ratschläge sind herzlich willkommen....

Martin

Hallo Martin,

wie Du weißt habe ich zwar auch keine N. aristolochioides, dafür aber doch einige Pflanzen aus Gewebekultur. Manche brauchen meiner Erfahrung nach einfach eine Weile, bis sie die Umstellung auf die eigenen Kulturbedingungen geschafft haben. Falls in ein bis zwei Wochen immer noch nichts passiert ist, würde ich Dir empfehlen die Pflanze in ein anderes Substrat umzutopfen, das keine gedüngte Orchideenerde und auch keine Vermiculte enthält (Wurzeln dabei vorsichtig sauber waschen). Meine N. tentaculata, die ebenfalls aus "mossey forest" kommt, mag auch absolut keine Nährstoffe im Substrat - sie bildet einfach keine Kannen mehr wächst dafür aber dennoch gut weiter. Ich habe sie jetzt zurück in reines Sphagnum gesetzt, in dem sie auch vorher wuchs. Das Zweite, was ich probieren würde, ist die Verringerung der Lichtintensität, die unter Deinen Bedingungen evtl. zu hoch ist. Ähnliche Verhältnisse wie bei einer N. lowii sollten vermutlich geeignet sein. Zwei von meinen Pflanzen war die Lichtintensität im Sommer auch zu hoch, wodurch sie einfach das Wachstum völlig gestoppt haben. Nach zwei Monaten habe ich jetzt jeweils das jüngste noch zusammengerollte Blatt ganz vorsichtig entfernt und der darunterliegende Trieb hat bei beiden sofort mit dem Wachstum begonnen. (So etwas sollte man aber wirklich nur im Notfall machen...)

Viel Erfolg!

Ciao Joachim

P.S.: Falls Du das ICPS Magazin vom September 1998 oder die Beschreibung in Flora Malesiana nicht hast, melde Dich bei mir.

Danke Joachim,

ich vermute mal, daß es nicht daran liegt, daß die Pflanze sich noch umgewöhnen muß, denn ein neues Blatt plus "größere" Kanne hatte sie ja bei mir schon gebildet. Ich denke, es lag tatsächlich am Substrat, da mir das von fast jedem empfohlen wurde. Deshalb habe ich sie gestern in reines kleingehäckseltes Sphagnum gepflanzt. Dabei fiel mir auf, daß die Wurzeln aus dem ursprünglichem Sphagnum Klumpen, in dem ich sie bekommen hatte, herausgewachsen waren. Ich könnte mir vorstellen, daß dies tatsächlich den Wachstumsstop verursacht hat. Nun ja, ich werde ja sehen. Ich poste nochmal was, wenn sich was getan hat.

Für alle, die es interessiert, habe ich unten alle erhaltenen Meinungen dazu reinkopiert. Ist einiges Interessantes dabei und es wäre schade, wenn das "verlorengeht".

Martin

Nice pics Martin! I think you are just going to have to be patient and let it establish. From the aristolochioides I have grown they typically will sit there for months without growing a fraction...Once they establish and root into the media they seem to grow at a nice steady pace. I am not sure about the 'slightly fertilized orchid mix'. I would suspect that if there was too much fertilizer the plant would show signs of burning fairly quickly (blackening of the leaf tips etc). I have used all sphagnum and a mix of small coconut/perlite/chopped sphagnum and they seem to do equally well in each. I would add that this species seems to prefer it wetter at the roots and in humidity than some species but I don't think that is an issue in your case.

Tony

Hi Martin

Well I have never tried to actually grow either rajah, inermis, lowii or aristolochioides but I have seen all of them in their natural habitats and there are a few things I can point out.

You say that you are basically trying to grow aristolochioides in the same conditions as your inermis. Inermis grows on a lot of mountains very near to where aristolochioides grows, both north and south and to the west of Gunung Tujuh, but it doesn't actually grow on the same mountain. This would suggest that they require slightly different conditions.

All the inermis I have ever seen has been epiphytic and has not always been right up in the top of the canopy (sometimes it is but not always). I guess that the roots would like to be very well drained and your orchid mix, clay etc would be OK for inermis. Inermis can probably do OK with a bit less light than aristolochioides. I agree with Tony that both plants would probably be better without the fertiliser in the mix.

Aristolochioides on the other hand grows on the ground, right at the top of a ridge in moss forrest. The vegetation is stunted (it's bl**dy cold and damp) and the bulk of the plants are growing up the short trees but are very exposed to the sun, wind, rain, etc. The ground is absolutely COVERED in sphagnum. There were a few rosettes in the sphagnum. I would go for almost pure sphagnum to grow this plant.

Again, as Tony says I think this plant is a pretty slow grower but try immitating the natural conditions of the plant a bit more and it may speed up a bit for you.

Cheers, fatboy.

It sounds like you need cooler temperatures at night. I grow N. aristolochioides in an electric cooler. See the link below for more details. The plant is growing and sprouting new pitchers, but it is a slow grower.

Ron

Martin and List,

I think that is doable for soil, but from what I know, this is one of those plants that seem to benefit from being potted in %100 live sphagnum. Saying that, mine is showing the same growth rate as yours. Mine is from TC, and some plants are slow out of the gate when propagated in that manner.

I would like to hear any additional thoughts on this plant.

Regards,

Joe Griffin

Lincoln, NE USA  

Martin & list,

Yes, Joe is correct that this species tends to do a lot better in long-fibre sphagnum. I have encountered the same situation with the plants that i have.  When i first planted it in the same media as i use for my other highlands, it first did very well and then a sharp decline in growth.  After changing to 100% sphagnum (do don't use live because i just can't seem to get the damn things to grow), they perked right up and started to explode in growth.  The only problem i can see is that your night temperature may not be low enough.  I have the temperature dip down to 12 C/ 55 F year round and I live in southern california with day temp all the way up to 95F/35C during the summer. Oh, you may want to give it a little longer photo period, say 16 to 18 hours. I don't think it is all that crucial that the humidity be maintained at 100%.  My humidity fluctuates wildly from 40% to 100% throughout the day.  What I've found is that with the fluctuations in humidity, the plants become!

e!

x

tremely hardy.  Example, there are times when i do a photo-shoot of my plants in full sun where the ambient temperature is well into the high 80's and after 1/2 an hour, there is still no indication of withering.  I hope this little tid-bit helps.  

happy growing,

Dick