Zum Inhalt springen

Slowenien und Kroatien Teil 1

Valentin Schatz

Empfohlene Beiträge

Valentin Schatz

Hallo zusammen,

Habe mich nun endlich durchgerungen, einiges von meiner Reise in den Pfingstferien im CPUK Forum zu posten.

Leider alles auf Englisch :roll:

After the nice but unsuccessfull trips in Coratia I decided to find some moors in Slovenia and have a look there:

When I got out of the car close tot he first moor, the vegetation looked very promising already:

Bild224.jpg

Bild225.jpg

Bild226.jpg

Bild227.jpg

Bild230.jpg

Bild231.jpg

Bild232.jpg

Bild233.jpg

Especially the Sphagnum was leading me through that area:

Bild228.jpg

Typical berries at the edges of moors:

Bild229.jpg

And further on, it had rained all through one week before my visit and the area was therefore extremely wet and my shoes got completely sucked through by the water after a few minutes.

Bild235.jpg

Bild236.jpg

Bild237.jpg

Bild238.jpg

Slowly reaching the real moor:

Bild240.jpg

Bild241.jpg

Bild242.jpg

Bild243.jpg

Bild244.jpg

Bild245.jpg

Bild246.jpg

This little lizard was too slow to escape, it was probably to cold for him that day:

Bild249.jpg

Another nice flower:

Bild251.jpg

The first moor orchids, probably the same species I had already seen at Amerang Moor in Germany so I knew I was certainly right here :wink:

Bild254.jpg

Bild255.jpg

Bild258.jpg

Bild259.jpg

Bild260.jpg

Bild262.jpg

Bild261.jpg

Bored? Let's get to the real material then :lol:

I was basically nearly standing on the Pinguicula vulgaris when I suddenly noticed the slight lilac colouration in the grass and nearly broke my neck in a quick move downwards :wink:

Bild263.jpg

Bild264.jpg

Bild265.jpg

Bild266.jpg

Although in flower, they were not very large and impossible to see on a distance longer than 4 metres:

Bild268.jpg

Bild271.jpg

Bild272.jpg

Interestingly, the whole colony, consisiting of less than 40 adult plants as usual for this species, were grouped around a little bog:

Bild267.jpg

Bild269.jpg

It was nearly the same like in Amerang: The P.vulgaris grew very close to a resevoir of water which could keep the ground very wet all year through.

The Slovenian ones seemed to be extremely keen of getting as close as possible:

Bild273.jpg

Bild275.jpg

Bild276.jpg

Im sorry for the poor flower pictures, for some reason the camera didnt get them sharp that day...

Bild285.jpg

Bild284.jpg

Bild286.jpg

Who notices the next CP species on these two pictures here?

Bild278.jpg

Bild296.jpg

Yes, the pond was full of U.minor, not easy to spot if never seen before but as I grow them myself I watched out for them :P

Bild288.jpg

Bild289.jpg

Bild290.jpg

Bild295.jpg

Orchid with P.vulgaris int he background:

Bild299.jpg

And only 1 metre away on the other side of the little pond, the next species which I already had missed:

The common D.rotundifolia:

Bild302.jpg

Bild307.jpg

Bild306.jpg

Bild305.jpg

I noticed that they don't get really large in Slovenia, compared to other sites I had visited.

Complete view of the moor:

Bild300.jpg

And some more pictures of another moor I visited, which had basically the same setup of plants:

Bild311.jpg

Bild312.jpg

Bild314.jpg

Bild315.jpg

Bild319.jpg

Bild322.jpg

Bild324.jpg

Bild326.jpg

Bild327.jpg

Bild329.jpg

I hope I didn't bore all of you too much and would also like to thank the people who provided me with information about possible locations :P

Greetings,

Valentin

Bearbeitet von Gast