Zum Inhalt springen

Sarracenia leucophylla x ghost

ralf engelhardt

Empfohlene Beiträge

Ich habe für das CPUK-Forum folgenden Beitrag vorbereitet; komme dort aber nicht mit dem raufladen der Bilder zu recht. Deshalb lade ich den Beitrag in unserem Forum hoch:

There are some kind of white topped leucophyllas avaiable which seem to be all the same plant but having different location details. Recently there have been sold some of this white topped plants in larger quantities on ebay.co.uk

I would like to share here some pictures of my white topped plants which might have the same origin:

1. The first picture shows a plant I obtained from Suzy Jenner, who purchased it from Hampshire Carnivorous some years ago. On the picture you see a young and also small pitcher. It shows the typical long lid. Designation is "Sarracenia leucophylla White Top, Alabama (MS)"

2. The pictures #2 & #3 show the plant I have bought on ebay from Nigel Hewitt-Cooper in August 2009 with locaction detail “Sarracenia leucophylla White Top, Bens Bog, Baldwins Co., Alabama”. Due to own statments of Nigel “Ben´s Bog” is incorrect. Nigel owns 4 or 5 different clones of this plant grown from seed.

The plant arrived with one new opend and one fading pitcher. The new opend pitcher shows a upright lid what I didn´t expect from this plant. But the fading pitcher shows the long lid, like it is also known from Mike King´s L50.

3. I have bought another 2 plants labled as "Sarracenia x ghost" on ebay from Kevin Garrett also in August 2009.

Kevin said it would be a cross of Schnell´s Ghost and a flava. Don´t know if this information is valuable. Plant looks identical to the plants purchased from Fabplants at the same time. It shows a long lid an the bulge at the pitcher opening.

4. I have bought 5 plants (Sarracenia leucophylla White Top „Ghost”) on ebay from Fabplants in August 2009. They claimed it would come from Ben´s Bog Baldwin Co., too. But Fabplants has only copied all location details from Nigel Hewitt-Cooper´s auctions, which where runnig at the same time. Due to own statments, Fabplants is only reselling plants from a big English grower of carnivorous plants.

Plant # 2 appears more white than all the others.

11858_thumb.jpg

11859_thumb.jpg

11860_thumb.jpg

11861_thumb.jpg

11862_thumb.jpg

11863_thumb.jpg

11864_thumb.jpg

11865_thumb.jpg

11866_thumb.jpg