Zum Inhalt springen

Pinguicula apuana or not?

jp95

Empfohlene Beiträge

hi,

I had a pinguicula apuana that bloomed a few years ago and I harvested seeds that I sowed.
I unfortunately mixed the labels, and now I have an unidentified ping pot and I think
this could be P.apuana
The flowers of the mother plant were a little different, with a little white patch but
I saw in the documents on this species (pinguicula of the temperate North) that there is great variability.
Do you think this species can be pinguicula apuana, here are the picture of the flower.

20040106321623614516720989.jpg

20040106321823614516720990.jpg

thanks

jp95

• Gefällt mir 3

Variability of the flowers in P. apuana is bigger compared to other species. But to me your corolla looks somewhat to large and the angle of the petals to open. What size does the flower have? On the picture it looks that the flower is closer to P. grandiflora, maybe this is a hybrid with P. grandiflora. The white parallel traits of the corolla are not typical for P. apuana.

• Gefällt mir 1

Thank you very much for you reply.
here is the size of the flower

20040203455023614516721796.jpg

20040203454923614516721795.jpg

it is quite possible that it is a hybrid of p.apuana or a form of p.corsica with blue flower
and p.grandifolia. On the label i marked "P.Corsica".
When I fertilized the flowers I had to use a small piece of wood which was used to fertilize also p.grandiflora
just before.

here are the photos of the flower of the mother plant (the true p.apuana) bought at bestcarnivorousplants in 2016, unfortunately
i lost it a few time after i received it and if this plant is not p.apuana, which is a good theorie,
I have no more.

20040203443823614516721793.jpg

20040203443223614516721791.jpg

20040203443623614516721792.jpg

by

jp95

• Gefällt mir 6

The latter photos do correspond to P. apuana. I am sure that there is P. grandiflora in your hybrid. I doubt that this is a cross with P. corsica, as  P. corsica is diploid (chromosomes 2n = 16),  only P. sehuensis is the same number. P. grandiflora is tetraploid (2n = 32 chromosomes), the same for P. apuana.

• Gefällt mir 1

Bonjour

for me no morphological characteristics of P.apuana  or  P.corsica f caerulescens ( note that the flowers of P.apuana are not so variable)

see here to morphologie: http://fern72.free.fr/siteweb/donnees-monographie/apuana.html#

beautiful board to giulio PANDELI  'in situ'

are you sure that your mother plant is a P.apuana, the lower central lobe seems to me identical to the lower laterals, in the morphology of P.apuana the central lobe always moves longer than the lateral ones

I think it is just a grandiflora subsp grandiflora .

can we see the sepal?

jeff

Bearbeitet von jeff72