Zum Inhalt springen

Flower after pitchers

zwargy

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello CP enthusiasts,

some of my sarracenias make this year pitchers first and after that comes the flower bud. As I know, the flower is always first, so it can be pollinated safely without trapping the insect. I am worried that these spring pitchers won´t grow so tall and how the next pitchers will be produced after the flower when the growth was disturbed once.

Have you ever experienced this? What can be the reason? Maybe the weather - changing very warm and chilly days?

I am sending some pictures, you can see it well in the second picture (lidless flava).

Thanks for any advice and opinion!

DSCN4478.JPG

DSCN4479.JPG

DSCN4481.JPG

Bearbeitet von zwargy

Hi zwargy, 

could it be a Sarracenia oreophila? 

Unlike the others, oreophila is making flowers and pitchers at the same time in late winter/spring. 

Sebastian

vor 2 Stunden schrieb SebiM:

Hi zwargy, 

could it be a Sarracenia oreophila? 

Unlike the others, oreophila is making flowers and pitchers at the same time in late winter/spring. 

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian, it is not oreophila, these are flava ornata, flava lidless and moorei A. Slack.

Hi Zwargy, 

I have also some of my plants grow one (some) pitchers and also an flower at the same time. I M not sure if this is an problem for the plant. Some have also there pitcher still from last year. 

Br

Marcel 

vor 23 Minuten schrieb marke:

Hi Zwargy, 

I have also some of my plants grow one (some) pitchers and also an flower at the same time. I M not sure if this is an problem for the plant. Some have also there pitcher still from last year. 

Br

Marcel 

Hi Marcel, thanks for the reaction. Do you have any picture, please? Because my plants don´t have pitchers and flower at the same time, the pitchers were clearly sooner and the flower bud pushed them on the edge of the crown. You can also PM me if you like.

Hi, 

Yes I just did some pictures now. 

This is an alata x Flava the pitcher is from the same part as the small flower. 

IMG_02042022_190718_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg.0025c65f5730e8c070f35d772929c7a9.jpg

This is an pure alata. In the lower orange circle you can see the flower. And the middle circle Show from the same part the pitcher. The rhizome it self has even bigger pitchers as the higher circle. 

IMG_20220402_191043.jpg.f1b6c173afd85838c1c2e87a81f69823.jpg

That's an pure oreophila. The flower is behind not so good visible on the left site. With 2 pitchers from the same growth point. 

IMG_02042022_190621_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg.a9999167a9b94c9102171a0860e86f82.jpg

But some other plants has the pitchers from last year still and show now the flower. Because the last year pitcher which looks more as half still good, I keep on the plant. As you can see on the middle picture of the Alata. Because I think it's better for the start into the growth season. But I'm still not an expirent grower, I stared last year with growing sarracenia. 

BR

Marcel 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb marke:

Hi, 

Yes I just did some pictures now. 

This is an alata x Flava the pitcher is from the same part as the small flower. 

IMG_02042022_190718_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg.0025c65f5730e8c070f35d772929c7a9.jpg

This is an pure alata. In the lower orange circle you can see the flower. And the middle circle Show from the same part the pitcher. The rhizome it self has even bigger pitchers as the higher circle. 

IMG_20220402_191043.jpg.f1b6c173afd85838c1c2e87a81f69823.jpg

That's an pure oreophila. The flower is behind not so good visible on the left site. With 2 pitchers from the same growth point. 

IMG_02042022_190621_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg.a9999167a9b94c9102171a0860e86f82.jpg

But some other plants has the pitchers from last year still and show now the flower. Because the last year pitcher which looks more as half still good, I keep on the plant. As you can see on the middle picture of the Alata. Because I think it's better for the start into the growth season. But I'm still not an expirent grower, I stared last year with growing sarracenia. 

BR

Marcel 

Thank you for the pictures! Yes, it is the same case, I can see it on the first picture. We both experience this first year, so we can only wait how it will affect the growth.