Strange spots on Sarracenia

Alessio Ragghianti

Alessio Ragghianti

Hi all, does anyone know what these stains can be? At that level the thickness of the sarracenia becomes really thin. The rhizome seems to have no problems. 

Thanks

IMG_20240505_122415.jpg

IMG_20240505_121300.jpg

IMG_20240505_121241.jpg

IMG_20240505_121227.jpg

IMG_20240505_121152.jpg

IMG_20240505_121137.jpg

IMG_20240505_121142.jpg

IMG_20240505_121103.jpg

IMG-20240504-WA0009.jpg

Insectivorophilia
Posted (edited)

Hello Alessio Ragghianti,

in my humble opinion the important thing is, that the rhizom and the new shoots are ok.

Is the big tube the one of autumn/winter?

How do you cultivate this Sarracenia?

Best regard

Insectivorophilia

Edited by Insectivorophilia
  • Gefällt mir 1

Jan H.

Google Lens suggests Ramularia fungus among other microbial infections. If the plant stands in a high-humidity environment, I would perhaps move it outdoors where there is better air circulation. But this is just a wild guess based on what I just read - I have no experience with problems of this kind.

• Gefällt mir 1
  • Danke 1

Alessio Ragghianti
Posted (edited)

@Jan H..  Thanks for the advice! It seems to be something like that. My sarracenias are around a large artificial pond

@Insectivorophilia Thank you for your reply. The pitchers are new and the plant is in peat and rainwater, in full sun for the moment. It is located around a large artificial pond, I would not like this to have created the right humid environment for that problem. 

Edited by Alessio Ragghianti

Insectivorophilia
vor 33 Minuten schrieb Alessio Ragghianti:

I would not like this to have created the right humid environment for that problem. 

Of course. I would cut this pitcher and wait for the new pitchers... but maybe some others have better ideas...

• Gefällt mir 1