Zum Inhalt springen

My condition of culture of Genlisea

Anthony

Empfohlene Beiträge

As promised I make you a detail of my condition of culture.

Light :

I use turboneon 2*55W just above. I've also two other turboneon 2*55W at next but I don't know if that is significant. The lamps are more or less 40cm of height.

Substratum :

I use a mix of peat and sand. 70% of peat and 30% of sand. Sometime according the species I vary between 50-60% of peat and 50-40 of sand.

Water :

My genlisea are in pots of 7*7cm. I arranged them in a tub to regulate the level of the water. I keep always the level of the water from 2cm to 0cm under the level of the genlisea. The peat is very wet. But the trap of genlisea need to be oxygenated. That why I use a pump (1000L/h) which create a stream, so the peat is drained constantly.

Temperature :

The temperature are very variable according the season. The winter I've 17°C the night and 22-23°C the day. The summer I've 22°C the night and 30-35°C the day. A strong difference between day and night favor a great color of the flower. But some species like Genlisea Uncinata need to have low temperature the night (17-18°C) and strong temperature the day (25-26°C) for grow well.

Here is my condition, may be I did some errors but I think that the principal condition are here to make a success with the genlisea.

The point the more important is the water. The genlisea need to have a substratum wet to grow well.

PS : I sorry to write it in english but if someone can translate it in english I'm agree ;)

Best regards,

Anthony

Bearbeitet von Anthony
  • Gefällt mir 2

Spielmannsfluch89

Anthony,

thank you very very much. That is really helpfull. I think the biggest point are using of an pump.

How often they bloom? more rarely or from time to time a longer time? Well, some of your specs dont bloom easy i think, but the most of them i meaned.

Best regards,

Benjamin

Hi,

Genlisea Subglabra, Genlisea Hispidula bloom all the year. Genlisea Margaretae, Genlisea Glandulossisima, Genlisea Pygmaea, Genlisea Aurea bloom 2 or 3 time during the year. Genlisea Africana bloomed only one time since I got it (1,5 year I believe).

• Gefällt mir 1

Hi,

If you find other thing to add don't hesitate :). I know that to German there are more lovers of Genlisea than to French  :tongue:

Hi,

Everybody understand the english ? Nobody to translate it in german ? I can ask to my translator to do it but I think you will understand nothing ahahah :P

Spielmannsfluch89

I understand it :)
I like the Genliseas, but have no space. Problem is.. they NEED  a special setup. You CANT put em between Drosera or other, or in a planted terrarium or else.. it didnt work.. Also on the Windos its not the easyest, each days Wasterchange.. .. Maybe thats why more people like them as grow them....

Bearbeitet von Spielmannsfluch89

Hallo an alle,

ich habe mir bei Anthony eine kleine Auswahl seines Angebotes bestellt, trotz leichter Skepsis wegen der Distanz (Bretagne - Rheintal). Die Pflanzen benötigten dann doch fast eine Woche bis zu mir - tolles Tempo in Zeiten von Hightech und EU! Aber, und darauf kann Anthony absolut stolz sein, sie kamen hier an wie frisch verpackt! In einem Brief mit selbstgefertigter Styroporbox, in Sphagnum eingeschlagen und doppelt mit Zip Taschen geschützt. Absolut vorbildlicher Versand und beste Qualität!

Danke Anthony  :bow:

Gruß Piesl

Hallo an alle,

ich habe mir bei Anthony eine kleine Auswahl seines Angebotes bestellt, trotz leichter Skepsis wegen der Distanz (Bretagne - Rheintal). Die Pflanzen benötigten dann doch fast eine Woche bis zu mir - tolles Tempo in Zeiten von Hightech und EU! Aber, und darauf kann Anthony absolut stolz sein, sie kamen hier an wie frisch verpackt! In einem Brief mit selbstgefertigter Styroporbox, in Sphagnum eingeschlagen und doppelt mit Zip Taschen geschützt. Absolut vorbildlicher Versand und beste Qualität!

Danke Anthony  :bow:

Gruß Piesl

Danke Piesl :D